D. BRENT SAUSER, AIA, LEED BD+C
Experience in the following fields:
- International Project Management experience (South America & Eastern Europe)
- Sustainable Design
- Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Design (AT/FP)
- Clinic (Health Care)
- Industrial/Manufacturing/Process Design
- Hazardous Materials
- Semi-conductor and Biotech Clean Room Design
Professional Registrations and Affiliations:
- LEED BD+C (Accredited Professional)
- Registered Architect – Florida
- Registered Architect – California
- Registered Architect – Minnesota
- Registered Architect – Illinois
- Registered Architect – Utah
- National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Certified-Post Disaster Safety Assessment (SAP) Evaluator
- Member-USGBC Central Florida LEED Chapter
- LEED AP/Sustainable Design: NPCA Convention LEED public speaker. Implemented LEED on several projects. Owner and Chief Editor of www.NetZeroMax.com advocating greater awareness in the implementation of Net Zero technology. Attended several USGBC Greenbuild Conventions.
- Leadership/Organizational Skills: The theme for all projects is “NO SURPRISES“. Encouraged effective coordination and communication of actions/issues. Celebrated successes and quickly identified and corrected areas needing improvement.
- Construction Document Development: Proven experience in all architectural phases and building types. Emphasis in monitoring progress of all project disciplines. Well versed in detailing and specifications.
- Cost/Schedule Management: Developed effective tools for tracking and controlling project costs and schedule. Proven ability to assess project status at any given time. Able to make corrections early on to reduce potential cost and schedule impacts.
- Quality Control: Developed effective procedures and processes to assure project quality control. Conducted project audits to determine QC compliance.
dbs Architects PLLC – Ocoee, Florida – President and Principal of own architectural firm. Currently working on projects for the DoD, institutional, and residential buildings. Owner and chief editor of NetZeroMax.com, which has achieved over 2.5 million site visits and over 15,000 subscribers.
HANSON PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, INC. – Maitland, Florida: Served as Assistant Vice President for the Orlando office. Functioned as Senior Architect and Project Manager for a wide range of projects and clients. Worked on several projects for the DoD and DMA Florida National Guard. In particular: $9 million dollar new Ammunition Supply Point (ASP) at Camp Blanding, Starke, Florida; prototypical parachute drying tower at Camp Blanding; and Master Planning for the future Special Forces Centric Training Complex. Worked on several Armory renovations for the Florida Guard and expansion to the CFMO in St. Augustine. Architect for a new 12 story, air traffic control tower (ATCT) at Punta Gorda Airport. Provided anti-terrorism/force protection (AT/FP) consulting services for the perimeter upgrade at the NSA at Research Park, Orlando, Florida. Developed numerous studies and Master Planning Reports for Camp Lincoln (Springfield, Illinois) and for Peoria, Illinois. Provided LEED services on all government related projects. Architect of record for several health department clinic projects for the DMS.
TRANSYSTEMS CORPORATION – Winter Park, Florida: Served as the Office Manager for a staff of 30 while also functioning as a Project Architect and Senior Architect. Worked on several projects for the DoD – Air Force and Navy in the South East Region of the USA. Projects included: a 10 story air traffic control tower, 16,500SF Base Library, and 50,000SF Fitness Center at Shaw Air Force Base. All projects were designed to LEED certifiable levels. Successfully managed the office through three devastating hurricanes, as well as maintained budgets, schedules, and appropriate staffing levels. Created greater flexibility in project execution by increasing resource options, improving efficiency, quality, and schedule compliance.
THE BENHAM COMPANIES – St. Paul, Minnesota: Served as the Technical Manager over Project Controls and Project Management. Functioned as Lead Architect for project teams involving several Target Stores; a 34,000SF retail building in Thousand Oaks, California; a state of the art skate park and pavilion in Palm Springs, California; and over 35 facility renovation projects of assorted size and type for 3M in St. Paul, MN. Worked with Director over Project Management (PM) to develop corporate-wide project audit process, PM tools and procedures, Quality Control protocols, and traveled to most domestic offices to conduct comprehensive project audits.
WESTERN DIGITAL – Rochester, Minnesota: Served as the staff Architectural/Industrial Engineer and technical advisor in support of the design and construction of a $33 million dollar-200,000SF R&D facility in Rochester, MN. Provided direct oversight with the architectural design firm and contractor. Supervised construction and provided value engineering input on all engineering design packages. Provided technical analysis of design documents to assure program compliance. Developed and refined layouts for 31 labs and class 10, 100, and 1,000 clean rooms. Created a containment plan for the existing facilities to account for new personnel and equipment prior to relocation. Developed a Move/Relocation Plan to assure minimum transitional impact to daily operations.
FLUOR CORPORATION – Rochester, Minnesota: Served as Engineering Manager in Rochester, MN in direct support of IBM outsourcing design and construction services. Supervised a staff of 25. Assisted in the start-up process of a new office in Rochester, MN. Created policies, procedures, forms, and other tools for successful execution of work. Completed over 1,200 projects ranging from $300 to over $30 million, totaling over $50 million. Provided architectural, engineering, space/master planning, and construction services for over 3.3 million square feet. Maintained high customer satisfaction ratings for responsiveness, quality, and overall project execution. Profitable first two years of operation.
FLUOR CORPORATION – Irvine, California: Weapons Complex Reconfiguration Program (WCRP): Served as engineering manager and Lead Architect for the Tritium Module. Required a “Q” level security clearance. Assisted in the development of the Programmatic Design Criteria manual, a document containing the essential design criteria for the downsizing of the entire DOE weapons complex. Led the effort to develop effective project procedures, which resulted in two successful DOE project audits. Provided quality control services routinely, and conducted task force training sessions on a regular basis. Helped facilitate reports for site surveys, master planning, hazardous/remediation, scope development, and Environmental Impact Report activities.
U.S Embassies in Eastern Europe: Served as engineering manager for fast-track, concurrent development of six U.S. Embassy renovations in Eastern Europe. Supervised a project team of over 100 people. Participated in site surveys for Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia. Required a “secret” level DoD security clearance. Developed a comprehensive work plan to assure concurrent project milestone compliance, graphic consistency, and effective communication between disciplines. Routinely participated in monthly progress meetings at COE Headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, and DoS/FBO Headquarters in Washington D.C. During construction, served as communication focal point for all sites, which enabled responses to field inquiries in a timely manner.
Matrix Aeronautica, Tijuana, Mexico: Coordinated engineering effort for 500 foot wide clear span airport hangar maintenance facility.
U.S. Navy, Port Hueneme, California: Conducted programming effort for hazardous materials storage facility.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- AA (Pre-Architecture) Fullerton College, Fullerton, California